|Successor(s)||Hudson Motor Car Company|
|Headquarters||Detroit, Michigan, USA|
|Key people||Alexander Malcomson
The Aerocar was an American automobile built from 1905 to 1908 in Detroit, Michigan. Backed by Henry Ford's former partner, coal merchant Alexander Malcomson, the short-lived company offered an air-cooled 24 hp (18 kW) four-cylinder luxury car which sold for $2800.
The factory was sold to Hudson Motor Car Company.
The aerocar model A
In 1906, the Model A was powered by a Reeves 24-horsepower, four-cylinder, air-cooled engine. It came with a "Standard Extension Black Top" and two gas headlights as well as "Full Oil Lamp Equipment.
Aerocar Air cooled engine from Reeves
The automobile had a Prest-o-Lite tank, Hartford shock absorbers, Gabriel horn and a speedometer. It also came with an extra tire and inner tube in a waterproof case with attaching irons, robe-rail and a footrest in Tonneau. A toolbox with full equipment was attached to the exterior running board. The machine cost $2,800. The air cooled engine was later replaced by a Reeves water cooled model.
There was also a touring runabout was also with the same air cooled engine for $2000 model c or $2500 model A
with options such as extra touring equipment bringing the cost up to $2800
1907 model C Aerocar Touring runabout